Total visitas

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Review: Life of Pi


Life of Pi
Life of Pi by Yann Martel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I haven't seen the film, but obviously I have heard many good things about it, that made my expectatins rise pretty high, and I think this book did met them or at least came very close.

In the first part of the book, the main character is introduced, and it is plain to see that Patel Piscine was a very endearing boy, and one of those characters you feel sad when bad things happen to him.

In the first part of the book I felt like the author was proselytizing religion or the idea of a good god and that zoos are a good place for animals, two ideas which I am against, nonetheless it was an interesting development of the main character.

The second part is where all the incredible things happen, and is without a dobdt the most exciting part of the book, full of wonders, conflict, and intrigue.

The ending was the best part for me,it leaved me, as any good ending should, with mixed feelings and wanting for more.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment