Total visitas

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Review: The Catcher in the Rye


The Catcher in the Rye
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



To use one of the countless phrases repeated over and over again in the book. "It killed me, it really did", of boredom and exasperation that is. Boredom because the story goes nowhere and exasperation not only because of Holden's attitude but the way it is written (the teenage like writting).
I really can't see why people like this book, it is so repetitive and with such a flat story, that even the ending is weak. I get that it is probably a very accurate description of the mind of a sociopath and a cynical teenager, but that doesn't make it any more interesting, at least not for me.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment