Total visitas

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Review: An Appetite for Wonder: The Making of a Scientist


An Appetite for Wonder: The Making of a Scientist
An Appetite for Wonder: The Making of a Scientist by Richard Dawkins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I was expecting a really interesting story of his life, and I wasn't dissapointed, it was fun to learn about his childhood and his family even with detailed anecdotes of some of his forefathers. This I envy a bit, since my knowledge of ascendants is limited to 3 or 4 generations, which I guess it is normal, like Douglas Adams, used to say: "Humans are not proud of their ancestors, and rarely invite them round to dinner".

The part about his academic life is entertaining also, specially the programming releated bits, and the descriptions of the experiments on animal behavior.

I will definetely read the second part of this biography.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment